Topic "Where is the WINSCP Temporary File?? I have lost important d"

SparxDesign

Hey people,

I love WINSP! It's the greatest FTP program. But I have a couple of problems.

When I select files from remote server and drag them to desktop or something, it MOVES them from server, instead of copying. how can I make it so it automatically copys instead of moving it? (Like WS_FTP).

Also to make matter worse, sometimes it doesn't actually move the file, and I have lost it from the server and no where to be seen on local drive. I also can't find the TEMPORARY DIRECOTRY where WINSCP saves the files to, it says the default temp directory in settings, but where can I find this???

Thanks - much appreciated!

Sheldon Kirk
kyboren
[View user's profile]

Not sure on the second part, but did you try pressing <Ctrl> while dragging to copy instead of move?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
SparxDesign wrote:
When I select files from remote server and drag them to desktop or something, it MOVES them from server, instead of copying. how can I make it so it automatically copys instead of moving it? (Like WS_FTP).

Please read FAQ. If that does not help, come back.

Quote:
I also can't find the TEMPORARY DIRECOTRY where WINSCP saves the files to, it says the default temp directory in settings, but where can I find this???

Check your TEMP or TMP environment variable. By default it points to:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License