Set permissions & new files/directories

Advertisement

elephantman

Set permissions & new files/directories

I've been using the "Set permissions" option so that files are uploaded as 0664 and directories as 0775. The problem is that when I create a file or directory (by right clicking and selecting new -> file/directory) the newly created file/directory has the default permissions (0644/0755). Am I missing something? I use WinSCP 4.1.9 and connect via the SFTP v3 protocol.

Advertisement

fnf

Can someone explain to me as a newby how to utilize this upload options feature, to set all uploaded files to 644 and all uploaded directories to 755?

It looks like it's set default to rw-r--r-- (+x) and then inside has the option to add X to directories.

Is this good to go as is? It just needs to be ticked at Set Permissions? Or do I have to change or add anything out front?

Sorry about my ignorance. I'm learning. And thank you in advance for any help.

CJ7

Re: Set permissions & new files/directories

martin wrote:

Make sure you press More button on create directory dialog.

Yes but what about for creating a new file? There is no way to set the permissions when you create a new file. It gets created with 644 permissions and then you have to change the permissions to what you want.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Set permissions & new files/directories

CJ7 wrote:

Yes but what about for creating a new file? There is no way to set the permissions when you create a new file. It gets created with 644 permissions and then you have to change the permissions to what you want.
You can configure the default permissions of uploaded files in Preferences:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_pref_transfer

Hauthorn_05

Transfer settings for file permissions

Can't get the Set Permissions checkbox to apply to newly created files. My process is right-click -> new file, ALL of my modes in the Transfer settings are Set Permissions (checked) to 755.

New files do not come in with these changes.

Can't decide if it doesn't work or if I'm not doing it "right".

Step by step what-to-click-when-making-new-file instructions would be appreciated, 'cause I'm unable to get WinSCP settings to function.

Thanks.

screenies.png

lwc

What do you mean the issues are with SFTP and not your actions?
So how come SFTP respects the default permissions for transfers and not for new files/folders?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum