Default Maximized Window & Remote "Type" Column

Advertisement

cpriest
Guest

Default Maximized Window & Remote "Type" Column

Hi there, my platform is Windows 2000 and I love WinSCP but just thought I'd make a couple suggestions to try and make it even better.

1. I would be great if you could set WinSCP to open up a connection in a maximized window. It's a small feature but I would personally find it quite useful as I deal with directories with lots of files and find I always have to manually maximize the pretty tiny window.

2. Using the Norton Commander interface you can sort by the "Type" column in the local view but that column doesn’t exist in the remote view. You can go to Remote -> Sort -> By Extension which works, but from a workflow perspective (I’m a web designer who constantly has to update only certain kinds of files) it would be handy having its own column in the remote view.

I have a few more but I won’t overstay my welcome in this post *lol*

Thanks
Curtis

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,459
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Default Maximized Window & Remote "Type" Column

cpriest wrote:

1. I would be great if you could set WinSCP to open up a connection in a maximized window. It's a small feature but I would personally find it quite useful as I deal with directories with lots of files and find I always have to manually maximize the pretty tiny window.
WinSCP remembers window size. But you're right, it does not work when window in maximized. I'll fix that. Meanwhile you can resize window to be "almost" maximized.

cpriest wrote:

2. Using the Norton Commander interface you can sort by the "Type" column in the local view but that column doesn’t exist in the remote view.
There's a toolbar button to sort file by extension. You can also use Ctrl+F4 shortcut.

cpriest wrote:

I have a few more but I won’t overstay my welcome in this post *lol*
Do not hesitate to write them :)
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,459
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Default Maximized Window & Remote "Type" Column

cpriest wrote:

1. I would be great if you could set WinSCP to open up a connection in a maximized window. It's a small feature but I would personally find it quite useful as I deal with directories with lots of files and find I always have to manually maximize the pretty tiny window.
WinSCP 2.1 already remembers its maximization status.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum