Topic "passwd on the terminal"

Author Message
ruglen

Guest


hi!
I have a problem with the passwd command on WinSCP 3.3.0
I open the terminal (Crt+T)
type "passwd" and have the following message:
"
Host hasn't answerer for 15 seconds.
Wait for another 15 seconds? Pressing abort button will close session.
Waring: Aborting this operation will close connection!
[Abort] [Retry]
"
I have pressed Retry a lot of times and there is always the same message.

on another host, i got this message:
"
Command "passwd"
failed with return code 3 and error message
Unexpected failure. Password file/table unchanged..
[OK]
"

What can i do to solve these problems?

thanks in advance!
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
You may NOT use commands that require input from user in Terminal window.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
ruglen

Guest


ok. thanks for your reply!
Guest




prikryl wrote:
You may NOT use commands that require input from user in Terminal window.


May I ask why this is?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
prikryl wrote:
May I ask why this is?

For two reasons:
- I have not implemented terminal input
- Most of programs require TTY (interactive terminal) to process user input. WinSCP cannot have TTY as it is incompatible with SCP/SFTP.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




prikryl wrote:
prikryl wrote:
May I ask why this is?

For two reasons:
- I have not implemented terminal input
- Most of programs require TTY (interactive terminal) to process user input. WinSCP cannot have TTY as it is incompatible with SCP/SFTP.


Right now Im using two ssh programs for a project. I like WinSCP because I can edit files directly off the server using Textpad. But since I can't use a terminal in the usual way, I use Tunnelier for its terminal.

Personally Id prefer to just use WinSCP. Is there a way to have a terminal window integrated with it, possibly using another more basic terminal than tunnelier?

TIA
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
Quote:
Personally Id prefer to just use WinSCP. Is there a way to have a terminal window integrated with it, possibly using another more basic terminal than tunnelier?

That would mean to establish new terminal connection in addition to the SCP/SFTP one. The same effect can be achieved using "Open in Putty" command (if you have Putty SSH terminal installed).
_________________
Martin Prikryl
BV

Guest


Hi, I too type passwd in terminal ->

Host hasn't answerer for 15 seconds.
Wait for another 15 seconds? Pressing abort button will close session.
Waring: Aborting this operation will close connection!
[Abort] [Retry]

But my password changed and can't access!
BV

Guest


version is 416
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License