Windows XP Pro SP3 5.1.2600
Session protocol = SSH-2
SSH implementation = 2.3.1 F-SECURE SSH
Encryption algorithm = blowfish
Compression = No
File transfer protocol = SFTP-2
Files transferred using WinSCP 4.2.2 occasionally are missing the last 4k.
Steps to reproduce: This happens occasionally, I have not been able to predict it.
1) Use GUI, enter the hostname/ip to remote server
2) Enter username/password when prompted
3) Drag and drop remote file to local drive via the winscp gui. From the right pane to the left pane.
4) Wait for transfer to complete.
5) Find a file that may be 4k smaller than the file on the remote server.
I used a visual binary diff program and found the last 4k were missing. Curiously there is also some data in the middle of the file that is different as well, but then matches up until the last 4k. However downloading the file again after a restart on the system running winscp resulted in a working file, that was complete.
I just found the logging option and will keep it enabled so that I can provide (hopefully) more helpful information. What logging level should I use?