Topic "Edit Session Settings Without Disconnecting First"

purefusion
[View user's profile]

Is it possible to edit the preferences for a session without disconnecting from it first?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
No. What option do you want to modify?
purefusion
[View user's profile]

Well I don't see why we couldn't change anything related to a session:

Environment
* Directories
* SCP/Shell
Connection
* Proxy
* Tunnel
SSH
* Key Exchange
* Authentication
* Bugs

Now I realize a restart would generally be required for most of that stuff, but sometimes I need to make a change for use later (e.g. default directory) but I don't want to close a session, because it would be inconvenient. But I don't want to end up forgetting, restarting a session later, realizing I forgot to change the settings, disconnecting again, making the change, then reconnecting only to realize that now I forgot what I was going to do once I was connected in the first place! Smile
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
purefusion wrote:
Now I realize a restart would generally be required for most of that stuff, but sometimes I need to make a change for use later (e.g. default directory) but I don't want to close a session, because it would be inconvenient. But I don't want to end up forgetting, restarting a session later, realizing I forgot to change the settings, disconnecting again, making the change, then reconnecting only to realize that now I forgot what I was going to do once I was connected in the first place! Smile

You do not need to disconnect to change saved session. From Session > New Session you can modify stored sessions, while keeping your opened session connected.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License