Topic "Changing Default Protocol"

imking

Hi there,

Is there any way to change the default protocol that is checked on starting up the program from SCP to SFTP? I have a bunch of clients that only use SFTP but don't always remember to change the protocol setting, so I get a lot of complaints and questions about not being able to connect. I'm curious if there's a way to force SFTP being checked on startup rather than SCP.

Thanks!
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Currently more people are using SCP rather that SFTP with WinSCP. See pool results on WinSCP homepage.

I don't doubt that more people use SCP. In case there was a misunderstanding, I wasn't asking you to change the program so that the default was SFTP, I was just curious if there was an option where I could make it that way. Smile

Thanks for the reply. Great program, by the way!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
imking wrote:
I don't doubt that more people use SCP. In case there was a misunderstanding, I wasn't asking you to change the program so that the default was SFTP, I was just curious if there was an option where I could make it that way. Smile

OK, so I suppose that what you need is to have an option that would make SFTP protocol selected on WinSCP startup on your particular installation. Am I right? If I am, than "Set defaults" button on "Stored sessions" tab is probably, what you are looking for.

Beautiful! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks much.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License