Topic "ignoring download errors?"

Mikk

How can i set winSCP not to stop the download/show a message when a file which cant be downloaded (permissions) is in the download qeue.

i try to mirror an rather large directory which has some forbidden files in subdirectories.

tia,
mikk
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
There is option "Continue on error" on Preferences dialog. It may do, what you want.

ok at least it aborts not anymore after an permission error. but as the messages are still showing up i have to sit for 1h+ at the program and clicking the messages away so winscp continues the download. can there be done something about this? (like log errors to file but show no message box?)

thanks,
mikk

just have learned that the download still gets aborted after several error messages.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I have found that it does not work properly with SCP protocol. Have you used SCP? Can you try SFTP instead?

I'll try to make it work with SCP as well in next version. But it may not be possible, due to protocol limitations.

yes i was using scp.

i have now tried sftp and this is working a little bit better. now the download doesnt get aborted anymore after some errors but still it requests an action from me for every single file it cant read. an "skip all" button would be really great (so it can skips every file automatically).

mikk
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License