Topic "From server to server"

kjohnson

I know how to transfer from a server to my local machine. But, how can i transfer a file from server to server? Is that possible?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Please read FAQ.

kjohnson wrote:
I know how to transfer from a server to my local machine. But, how can i transfer a file from server to server? Is that possible?

If you mean transfering files from one WinSCP session to another by drag&drop, you can do it easily. Just from
options>preferences>Drag & Drop
select "Use temporary folder"
kjohnson

I made this setting change, but what now? when I right click a file, the move option, does not give me the option to choose the other server that I am connected to. It only shows me the same server or my local machine.
Please explain, thanks.

--------------

If you mean transfering files from one WinSCP session to another by drag&drop, you can do it easily. Just from
select "Use temporary folder"[/quote]
kjohnson

I made this setting change, but what now? when I right click a file, the move option, does not give me the option to choose the other server that I am connected to. It only shows me the same server or my local machine.
Please explain, thanks.

--------------

select "Use temporary folder"[/quote]
ozzytheking
[View user's profile]

After adjusting the settings I told, just select the file(s) and drag to the other (target) winscp session and drop them where you like. Just like this.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License