Topic "High CPU-Load on Windows XP Prof. / Low transfer-rates"

J.Freezer

Hello together!

I am using WinSCO 3.42. I have a Suse Linux 9.0 Prof. Server (Athlon XP 2200+) and a WinXP Prof. PC (P4 2,53 Ghz) connected via a 100MBit Switch.

The CPU-Load at a transfer from the Linux Server is:

Linux: ~20%
Win: ~90-100%

Speed: ~1,8MB/sec

Thats pretty low speed and a high CPU usage on the windows machine, especially for decoding (that should be faster than encoding?!). Have I configured something wrong? My PCs are capable of more MB/s, Harddisks running in DMA mode and are fast (7200rpm WD). No other programm stresses the PCs and/or HDs.

I am using SCP, not changed standard options.

Hope you can help me!

Bye!
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
You may try to select some less demanding encryption algorithm. Also select SSH1 instead of SSH2, if allowed. It is less secure, but much faster.

prikryl wrote:
You may try to select some less demanding encryption algorithm. Also select SSH1 instead of SSH2, if allowed. It is less secure, but much faster.

Thx, now it works with ~6,2MB/sec at 100% CPU-Load.

But I think you have to work on the algorhythms a bit, the CPU-usage for decoding is a lot too heavy.

But nevertheless its a very good programm. Better than a lot of programms you have to pay for.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
J.Freezer wrote:
But I think you have to work on the algorhythms a bit, the CPU-usage for decoding is a lot too heavy.

I have not implemented the algorhythms myself, I'm using Putty SSH client for SSH.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License