Topic "What is Support Policy for WinSCP?"

Angela Edwards
[View user's profile]

Do you have a set support policy? Specifically, I need to know when available support will run out for WinSCP 4.0?

Looking forward to your response!
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
WinSCP is free open source application. So support is based on best-effort basis, obviously with no guarantees.

I'm not sure I know what you mean by 'best-effort basis' as regards the support available for WinSCP 4. Are patches available for this version of the software? Is there a support call center? Is it simply a matter of the developer requiring assistance looking up or posting his concern on the support forum? Will there be a time when such questions will no longer be fielded for WinSCP 4; (i.e., will there be a defnitive End-Of-Support-Life (EOSL) for the application?) Hope to hear from you soon!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Angela Edwards wrote:
Are patches available for this version of the software?

You can check version history.

Quote:
Is there a support call center?

No.

Quote:
Is it simply a matter of the developer requiring assistance looking up or posting his concern on the support forum?

Yes.

Quote:
Will there be a time when such questions will no longer be fielded for WinSCP 4; (i.e., will there be a defnitive End-Of-Support-Life (EOSL) for the application?)

Not planned.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License