Great version!

Advertisement

Jaco
Guest

Great version!

I downloaded WinSCP only last month, and love the product! :D I had two 'wishes' for a next version, one of which (properly saving the settings after changing them) was already implemented in the latest version which I just downloaded.

The other tiny thing I'd like to see in a new version is that WinSCP uses the same layout for the toolbar across sessions. The comboboxes that now show the local and remote directories are very narrow. I resize them to show their contents, but have to do this each time I use WinSCP.

But, again, that's only a tiny request, and it won't stop me from making a donation later this week.

Gotta balance my bank accounts, first. 8)

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,227
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Great version!

Jaco wrote:

The other tiny thing I'd like to see in a new version is that WinSCP uses the same layout for the toolbar across sessions. The comboboxes that now show the local and remote directories are very narrow. I resize them to show their contents, but have to do this each time I use WinSCP.
I admit that it is not working properly. I'm still struggling with it. However if you double-click on beginning of the toolbar, it expands as much as it can. The "expanded" state is preserved across sessions (at least for me :-))

Jaco wrote:

But, again, that's only a tiny request, and it won't stop me from making a donation later this week.
Thanks.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Guest

Re: Great version!

[quote="martin"]

Jaco wrote:

The other tiny thing I'd like to see in a new version is that WinSCP uses the same layout for the toolbar across sessions. The comboboxes that now show the local and remote directories are very narrow. I resize them to show their contents, but have to do this each time I use WinSCP.
I admit that it is not working properly. I'm still struggling with it. However if you double-click on beginning of the toolbar, it expands as much as it can. The "expanded" state is preserved across sessions (at least for me :-))

Sorry, but that doesn't work for me!

Computersoftware? It remains an almost magical thing! :P

Jaco.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,227
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Great version!

:-( What is your OS?
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,227
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Great version!

W2k Pro. But don't worry about it, it's no big deal!
It works for me on W2k pro :-(
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Guest

Re: Great version!

martin wrote:

W2k Pro. But don't worry about it, it's no big deal!
It works for me on W2k pro :-(

As I said, it's no big deal...

Do you know if sending NULL packets to keep a connection alive functions properly? Sometimes when I don't do anything for a short while, the server kicks me off. It does that sometimes when I'm working, too (I'm using a very, VERY cheap hosting company :-)) so I'm not sure if it's a bug in WinSCP or not. However, it seems to happen more often when I'm not working for a while, that's why I'm wondering if it's a bug.

Three hours left to go till the end of this week; I better keep the promise I made earlier this week and make that donation. :)

Thanks, again, for making WinSCP!

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,227
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Great version!

Anonymous wrote:

Do you know if sending NULL packets to keep a connection alive functions properly? Sometimes when I don't do anything for a short while, the server kicks me off. It does that sometimes when I'm working, too (I'm using a very, VERY cheap hosting company :-)) so I'm not sure if it's a bug in WinSCP or not. However, it seems to happen more often when I'm not working for a while, that's why I'm wondering if it's a bug.
NULL packets are just hint to the server that the client is still running. The server may ignore them anyway. Sourceforge server (where WinSCP is hosted) does the same (not for WinSCP, but for interactive SSH session). However, when I have the option turned on, I may leave the client alone for longer time than without it.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum