Topic "Session Passwords"

tobyjuggler

When logging into a remote host I supply my username and password, but on connection am asked to supply a session password. I have other directories on the same host which require different usernames and passwords and these do not require a session password. I do not know what the session password is, but don't believe it should be required in the first place. I suspect it's a configuration problem with the host but wanted to be sure before I contact them. So, what is a session password and why is it there?Any help much appreciated. Thanks.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Session password is simply your account password. WinSCP prompts you to enter one it you've either not supplied it on login dialog or supplied wrong one.

Mmm, I suspected so. The directory I am trying to access is one containing an IMAP mail folder. I thought it would be the same as my password for collecting e-mail, but maybe not. Thanks for the info.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License