Topic "random_active >= 0"

Max
[View user's profile]

Assertion failed: random_active >= 0, file putty\SSHRAND.C, line 242

WinSCP was loaded, then Windows 7 was sleep, and after wake up we have this error.
Advertisements
martinml

This just happened to me when closing WinSCP 4.2.6 (I updated yesterday). I was conected to a FTP server, clicked the close button, and this message appeared, followed by "Abnormal program termination". Everything was working fine with last version (4.2.5?). I am using Windows XP.
dandvd
[View user's profile]

I got the same error on Windows XP SP3. Here is what I did:

1. Edit a remote file
2. Put the laptop on standby (network connection lost)
3. Resume from standby

Today I am getting the same error - worked yesterday with win7 connecting to minimal ubuntu karmic
Klxxx

HI, I have the same problem, i have installed openSSH and SBsettings, everything works fine but when i go to my computer and i open WinSCP with the logs i have 'Assertion failed: random_active >= 0, file putty\SSHRAND.C, line 242' too
What can we do ?
Thx
djc1309
[View user's profile]

I ran into the same problem running WinSCP 4.2.6 on an XP SP3 machine. I created a batch file that runs WinSCP using a script.

My PC went to sleep and when I came back and tried to run the batch file again, I got this error. My script looks like this:

option batch abort
option confirm off
option transfer binary
open [ftp site]
cd ReceiveFiles
synchronize local .\files ./
bye

I need to add that the FTP server I was trying to access had been pulled down for maintenance at some point while I was away from the computer. However, WinSCP was not open in GUI mode during the time that I was away.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I believe I have fixed the problem. I'm going to send testing version to those on this thread that registered before posting.

Same problem, usualy happens when closing application but also if network is unavailable.
mdmower
[View user's profile]
Donor
prikryl wrote:
I believe I have fixed the problem. I'm going to send testing version to those on this thread that registered before posting.

I'm interested in this testing version as well. I can always reproduce the error on my end, so it will be easy to test whether the issue is resolved.
Jorozz

WOuld oyu be able to send me that version as well, only used winscp tp transfer apps to my iphone. dont wants to use otheres as this is much easier. cheers
dandvd
[View user's profile]

prikryl wrote:

Development build appears to have fixed the problem. I have resumed from standby and WinSCP has transparently re-established the connection. Will continue using this version to test.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
This bug has been added to tracker.

The bug tracker description is "Failure when closing application after failed connection". I've gotten this error without closing or attempting to close the application (and from the comments in this topic, so have others).

Also, I first attempted to find this issue in your bug tracker before I came here to report it. It did not come up because you do not have any of the text from the error message (Assertion failed: random_active >= 0, etc) in it.
dandvd
[View user's profile]

Full support for ericjs's post - I get the error without closing WinSCP, and the bug should include the error text.
sridhar721

I am still getting this error. did you fix it or can I use older version?
tobisnet
[View user's profile]

sridhar721 wrote:

I have this error too !
Can I get the update also ?

Regards,
tobisnet
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
sridhar721 wrote:

Fix will be included into 4.2.7, coming out this week. You can downgrade to 4.2.5.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License