Topic "Bookmarks on toolbar, is it possible?"

Fotis_Greece

Hello, I am using Winscp to handle my NAS and I cannot live without it.
I have a suggestion that would make our life easier,
is it possible to add the bookmarks in the toolbar, so when navigating to my NAS there would be a button to click on it and show our bookmarks in a dwopdown list to go to (same style as button Open saved session which reveals in a dropdown list our saved sessions)

Thank you very much in advance
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
This has been suggested many times. But I do not see an advantage over the Open bookmark dialog. The number of clicks to open the bookmark is the same.

Thanks for the reply, but I still think it would be faster to just click once in the toolbar button and reveal the bookmarks in a dropdown list.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Fotis_Greece wrote:
Thanks for the reply, but I still think it would be faster to just click once in the toolbar button and reveal the bookmarks in a dropdown list.

Why do you think it would be faster?

Hello again, sorry for late reply but newborn daughter is keeping me busy all day.

Look at this screenshot with the Open Saved Session button
<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

I am dreaming of something like this for my bookmarks. With a single click a dropdown list will reveal all my bookmarks and with another click I can navigate.

Wouldn't that be faster than going to menu Remote-->Goto-->Open directory/bookmark.
I know I can use keyboard Ctrl+O but I think my idea is a little better.
If you think there is trouble accomplishing it just please add a button to toolbar to open the bookmark directory.

Thanks again
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Fotis-Greece wrote:
I know I can use keyboard Ctrl+O but I think my idea is a little better.
If you think there is trouble accomplishing it just please add a button to toolbar to open the bookmark directory.

It is there (opened folder icon).

Oh, my god, I must have been blind. It is there.
You should have reminded me earlier (never thought that open folder means open bookmark).
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License