Topic "Copying ZIPped files"

Tiradientes
[View user's profile]

In Total Commander, I can make a ZIP file with all recently changed files, and then copy them to another computer with the same directory structure just by clicking on the ZIP file and choosing COPY.
In WinSCP, when I click on the ZIPped file, Notepad opens with a few lines of garbled text. Do I have to take the extra step of UNZIPPING all the content first before copying it over? Or is there some way to make WinSCP work the way Total Commander does?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
So do you want to upload the ZIP file as is or upload the files from within the ZIP file?

Sorry I wasn't clearer. Uploading the ZIP file is no problem. I want to click on it and have it open (as it does in Total Commander) to the root directory. On the opposite pane I go to the same directory and then COPY to move all the files to their proper subdirectory.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Tiradientes wrote:
Sorry I wasn't clearer. Uploading the ZIP file is no problem. I want to click on it and have it open (as it does in Total Commander) to the root directory. On the opposite pane I go to the same directory and then COPY to move all the files to their proper subdirectory.

I see. WinSCP does not allow that. Neither there are plans to implement that.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License