I love WinSCP because its built-in editor is so comfortable at distributed systems. But I have a big problem with line breaks.
I have applications where CRLF linebreaks are necessary. But WinSCP always convert them to LF.
Ok, there could be a setting where the user chooses CR LF (Windows), LF (Unix) or CR (Mac), but that would be also not good, because some scripts need to be LF (this matches to linux' *.sh files which must not have CR LF).
My suggestion would be:
1. When open the editor, the program detects what linebreaks the file uses: CR LF, LF or CR?
2. The user edits the file and save it.
3. The program will **KEEP** all line breaks or equalize them to the "format" which was detected at step 1.
4. The program uploads the file now.
5. The file was edited and the line breaks were kept. CRLF files stayed CRLF and LF files stayed LF!
I am missing this feature very much!
Thank you very much.