Copying files open for writing possible data loss

Advertisement

Advertisement

Stajkowski

Re: Copying files open for writing � possible data loss

trybowski wrote:

Hello everybody,
so I've been struggling with this problem with WinSCP. I'm using it to transfer files from a financial application to a banking system and every now and then accountants would complain that some information is missing
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem in our application. We loose part of data. Definietely a file open for writing should not be available for copying.
Such fix would be great relief.

Kind Regards
Stajkowski

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Copying files open for writing � possible data loss

Stajkowski wrote:

I have exactly the same problem in our application. We loose part of data. Definietely a file open for writing should not be available for copying.
Such fix would be great relief.
Do you mean that WinSCP should fails uploading a file that is opened for writing by another application? It's up to the writing application to decide whether to prevent other applications from reading it.

gaurav.dutt

The tranfer should fail if the file is being written

We are facing the same situation, the transfer should fail if the file being written.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: The tranfer should fail if the file is being written

gaurav.dutt wrote:

We are facing the same situation, the transfer should fail if the file being written.
Again, the writing application, when opening the file decides whether it allows other application reading it or not. If the application did not protect the file against reading, although it's not safe to (what should be done almost always, except maybe for a log files), it's fault of the writing application.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum