Topic "Synchronize doesn't work with small files ( < 1000 bytes)"

denisss
[View user's profile]

Hi,

I am using WinSCP version 4.1.8 (build 818) installed on a Windows 2003 Server SP2, to retrieve files stored on a Solaris 9 SPARC box using SFTPv3.

I scripted the operation, it connects and transfer files but it won't download everything: all files that are less than 1000 bytes (<1kB) seems to be ignored.

However, when I replace the "synchronize" operation with a "get *.*", then everything is downloaded.

I was wondering if someone else experienced this issue with "synchronize"? If it's really a bug or a PEBKAC.

Thanks for your help.

PS. I tried synch with criteria=date and none but it didn't change anything.

Well, I did more tests and it isn't "all" small files. Only most of them.

But I think I know what's happening: there are some files in this folder for which I do not have read access. As soon as one of this file attempts to get transfered, I think the synch operation stop.

To confirm this, I did a test. After a "get" operation, I deleted one file that wasn't synch'ed previously. And then, doing a synch after this, it redownloaded the file correctly.

So the fact that small files don't get synched has more to do with the name: they're named "ora_{some numbers}.aud", just like the files I can't read.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
So do you mean that once WinSCP fails to download single file from particular directory, it silently fails to download all the other files in that directory?

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License