Topic "Command Line Support"

agf
[View user's profile]

Is there command line support for WinSCP? If so, how can I use the new directory sync from a batch file?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
This is not possible, but I may add it.

I'd certainly vote for that as a feature as I have a slow sftp site that I need to hold locally as well, synchronise functionality helps me a lot but being able to setup a nightly job to do the same where I can specify the directory structures to pull down and the location to synch off would be amazing Smile
pesi

prikryl wrote:
This is not possible, but I may add it.

Yes please - that would be a great improvement to a good product.
richardw
[View user's profile]

I've just thought this through a bit more and it would need to have a text output or logging feature as well so that you can keep and eye on the status of the sync process and ensure it is working properly
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
richardw wrote:
I've just thought this through a bit more and it would need to have a text output or logging feature as well so that you can keep and eye on the status of the sync process and ensure it is working properly

Sure. I'm considering ability to process script file and output results to Windows console.

I'll third (or whatever it is by now) a request for /sync from command line ability. That'd be totally awesome. I want to copy an 8+gb file... pscp can't do it... it craps out just after 4gb. winscp can copy the whole thing, now I just need to automate it!
eman

I would also love to see some command line support Smile

one more vote for command line support.
btw thanks for a nice app. I'll definately donate if I keep using it.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License