Higher maximal number of transfers....

Advertisement

jefe
Donor

Higher maximal number of transfers....

I'd like to see more than the current 9 transfers available at the same time. Possibly 16?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Unfortunatelly simply raising the limit makes WinSCP quite instable. So it would require non trivial changes.

jefe
Donor

Thanks for the prompt reply Martin. I would definitely prefer stability over more connections.

Maybe a way to increase the number of connections will become possible in the future. If not...so be it.

dlucre

I don't understand this

I can force WinSCP to run 20+ simultaneous SFTP connections without issue by manually starting each file in the queue. The result is a very good bump in throughput and never any issues in stability.
Can you put in a registry key or something that allows us to change the maximum value from 9 to whatever we want it to be? Or a UI warning that pops up when you try to go over 9, but still allows it anyway?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: I don't understand this

dlucre wrote:

I can force WinSCP to run 20+ simultaneous SFTP connections without issue by manually starting each file in the queue. The result is a very good bump in throughput and never any issues in stability.
Can you put in a registry key or something that allows us to change the maximum value from 9 to whatever we want it to be? Or a UI warning that pops up when you try to go over 9, but still allows it anyway?
Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a development version of WinSCP for testing? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum