Remote is Windows Server 2008 R2 running CopSSH
Transfer protocol SFTP-3, using the gui (Commander)
I am attempting to sync local timestamps between a local copy and a remote copy. I have the adjust remote timestamp option on, and preview changes.
During the sync (after I accept the preview), with some files I get an error: Can't open file '(local file path)'.
System Error. Code: 5.
Access is denied.
Either Skip or Skip All results in another error dialog:
Can't open file '(file path)'
System Error. Code 5.
Access is denied
Pressing OK brings me back to the commander interface, the same place I go if I press [Abort].
This is reproducable. The "access denied" is caused by the files in question having the read only attribute set (ntfs file system).
- fix the skip so it goes to the next item in the list
- put a page behind the [Help] button that suggests permissions and read only attributes
- potentially identify the read-only state in the error dialog
Pertinent log entries follow.
< 2011-01-13 14:13:56.996 Status code: 1
> 2011-01-13 14:13:56.996 Type: SSH_FXP_CLOSE, Size: 13, Number: 4033796
. 2011-01-13 14:13:59.753 Synchronizing local directory 'E:\vol1 backup\games\kids games\Dr Seuss ABC\' with remote directory '/cygdrive/f/games/kids games/Dr Seuss ABC/', params = 326
* 2011-01-13 14:13:59.894 (EOSError) System Error. Code: 5.
* 2011-01-13 14:13:59.894 Access is denied
. 2011-01-13 14:13:59.894 Asking user:
. 2011-01-13 14:13:59.894 Can't open file 'E:\vol1 backup\games\kids games\Dr Seuss ABC\ABC.EXE'. ("System Error. Code: 5.
. 2011-01-13 14:13:59.894 Access is denied")
* 2011-01-13 14:14:01.379 (EScpSkipFile) Can't open file 'E:\vol1 backup\games\kids games\Dr Seuss ABC\ABC.EXE'.
* 2011-01-13 14:14:01.379 System Error. Code: 5.
* 2011-01-13 14:14:01.379 Access is denied