Topic "Automatic post-login functions, write INI file in real-time"

Author Message
Guest




I have a couple of feature requests:

1. auto-select site location profile post-login

2. auto-start "synchronize" or "keep directory up-to-date" with pre-selected transfer settings post-login

Eventually, maybe there could be a whole host of things you could automatically invoke post-login and you could arrange them into a list that is executed by priority.

3. write INI file in real-time rather than writing it only on exit. I use multiple instances of WinSCP and am constantly losing settings that I change in one or the other. This would also prevent WinSCP from losing settings after a crash.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24993
Location: Prague, Czechia
Quote:
1. auto-select site location profile post-login

I'm not sure I understand what you ask for.

Quote:
2. auto-start "synchronize" or "keep directory up-to-date" with pre-selected transfer settings post-login

https://winscp.net/eng/docs/commandline

Quote:
3. write INI file in real-time rather than writing it only on exit. I use multiple instances of WinSCP and am constantly losing settings that I change in one or the other. This would also prevent WinSCP from losing settings after a crash.

https://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=667
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




Quote:
I'm not sure I understand what you ask for.

Sorry, I think what I meant was a "Session Location Profile". This would be similar to how most FTP clients can automatically select a local and remote directory of your choice after logging in.

Quote:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/commandline

Hmm... OK, interesting. I was kind of hoping there might be a way to do this without having to create separate shortcuts for each profile I have. If not, is there a way to select transfer settings for this command?

Quote:
https://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=667

Thanks! Smile
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24993
Location: Prague, Czechia
Quote:
Sorry, I think what I meant was a "Session Location Profile". This would be similar to how most FTP clients can automatically select a local and remote directory of your choice after logging in.

https://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_dir_default

[quote]Hmm... OK, interesting. I was kind of hoping there might be a way to do this without having to create separate shortcuts for each profile I have.[/qoute]
You can omit the session on command-line. You'll get login dialog on startup, where you can select the session to perform synchronization on.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License