Topic "Exit Code 0 When 0 files are transferred with wildcards"

flipman619
[View user's profile]

I have noticed that whenever a wildcard is used in a trasnfer and 0 files are transferred, the return code is 0 (success). However, when trying to transfer the same file without the wildcard, it will return an exit code of 1 (failure) because winscp could not find any files. This seems inconsistent.

Is there anyway to return a failure code of 1 whenever no files match the mask regardless if a wildcard is used or not?

Or is there any option to change this behavior?

-Julius
flipman619
[View user's profile]

flipman619 wrote:
I have noticed that whenever a wildcard is used in a trasnfer and 0 files are transferred, the return code is 0 (success). However, when trying to transfer the same file without the wildcard, it will return an exit code of 1 (failure) because winscp could not find any files. This seems inconsistent.

Is there anyway to return a failure code of 1 whenever no files match the mask regardless if a wildcard is used or not?

Or is there any option to change this behavior?

-Julius

I have confirmed this occurs with any command that uses the wildcard.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
flipman619 wrote:

No.
You can inspect XML log file to find out if any file was affected:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/logging_xml

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License