Posted: 2011-08-05 13:50
I needed to set compression on for all sessions. Here's how I did it. You can propably use this all other session-spesific items too.
* Set the Configuration Storage to winscp.ini and open it (located in the same folder as winscp.exe and winscp.com).
* Search for "[Sessions\Default%20Settings]" -section in winscp.ini. If you don't find it, create it.
* Add Compression=1 -line to "[Sessions\Default%20Settings]" -section.
* Save and close winscp.ini.
I've tested this with these scenarios:
* Protocol: SFTP, Server-side has compression off ("Compression no" in sshd_config). No effect, i.e. no compression.
* Protocol: SFTP, Server-side has compression on ("Compression yes" in sshd_config). Desired effect, i.e. file is compressed during transfer. Works both with session URL and stored sessions.
* Protocol: FTPs. No effect.
* Protocol: FTP. No effect.
I digged this info from these articles:
You can post new topics in this forum
And it's free!