I needed to set compression on for all sessions. Here's how I did it. You can probably use this all other session-specific items too.
– Set the Configuration Storage to winscp.ini and open it (located in the same folder as winscp.exe and winscp.com).
– Search for
[Sessions\Default%20Settings]-section in winscp.ini. If you don't find it, create it.
– Save and close winscp.ini.
I've tested this with these scenarios:
– Protocol: SFTP, Server-side has compression off (
sshd_config). No effect, i.e. no compression.
– Protocol: SFTP, Server-side has compression on (
Compression yesin sshd_config). Desired effect, i.e. file is compressed during transfer. Works both with session URL and stored sessions.
– Protocol: FTPS. No effect.
– Protocol: FTP. No effect.
I digged this info from these articles: