Security: Bad IP connecting.

Advertisement

DanRotaru

I try to connect using FTP but I always receive error "Security: Bad IP connecting." and I'm disconecting, what to do???

Server (hosting) does not matter, I receive that error on more hostings, please help!

Screenshot_2.png

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Security: Bad IP connecting.

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

How are you connected to the internet? Isn't it a mobile connection? It looks like the server sees the FTP data connection as coming from a different IP address than the control connection.

Advertisement

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I do not know how you got two IP addresses. You are possibly connected to two networks. Disable one of them temporarily.

Advertisement

DanRotaru

I am connected to one wifi connection, 2 different sites to check my IP shows different ip address, in https://ipapi.co/ one and in google "my ip address" another, I think in this is problem, but how to fix it I don't know:(
IP address differs only by last number (xxx.xxx.xxx.this), first (xxx.xxx.xxx are the same)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Are those addresses stable? Or do they change over time? How is your wifi router connected to the Internet?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum