Topic "transferring all htm files on all dirs"

Author Message
garybis
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2012-09-06
Posts: 4
Location: United States
Hi,
I'd like to transfer all the htm files on my local site to my server, including the main dir and all sub dirs. Hopefully this is possible with one command?

Thanks Gary
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
Do you want to do that from the GUI or automate it?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
garybis
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2012-09-06
Posts: 4
Location: United States
prikryl wrote:
Do you want to do that from the GUI or automate it?


From the GUI would be fine, but if an automated method is easier to implement that's fine also.

Gary
garybis
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2012-09-06
Posts: 4
Location: United States
garybis wrote:
Hi,
I'd like to transfer all the htm files on my local site to my server, including the main dir and all sub dirs. Hopefully this is possible with one command?

Thanks Gary


I'm a little surprised at no reply? Is this that hard to do? Or, a dumb question?

I have a site with 864 htm files on many dirs, and have to resend all of them to my server when a change is made to the template file -- this is a genuine hassle.

Gary
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
I could help if you describe what step you are having problems with.
Yes, you can upload whole folder or set of files using WinSCP at once.
For general help on uploading, please see
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/task_upload
_________________
Martin Prikryl
garybis
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2012-09-06
Posts: 4
Location: United States
prikryl wrote:
I could help if you describe what step you are having problems with.
Yes, you can upload whole folder or set of files using WinSCP at once.
For general help on uploading, please see
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/task_upload


I want to upload only the .htm files (not the jpg, pdf, ... etc.) and I'd like to do all the htm files on all directors from the top directory down.

The way I've done this in the past is to go into each directory (several dozen of them), sort the files by type (so all the htms are lumped together), select all the htms, and copy them to the server panel. Seems like there must be a better way?

Gary
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
You can use file mask to include only *.html
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/file_mask
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License