Recently I started using WinSCP more often for configuring a new VPS and I'm glad to see that it is nicely stable even at beta builds.
I think it is good time to report some things that can be be made better... For a great stable version" (5.2.4?)
This one took me great time to figure out:
- When managing Shared Location Profiles, "Index out of bounds" error is triggered when trying to Remove folders, when, but only when, there is a shared location profile having "/root" as Remote Directory (OR having "/username" being it the username of the saved session, I'm not sure if it is related to the name of the saved session (usually "username@IP")).
How to reproduce:
1. Add a new Shared Location Profile with any Local Dir and /root as Remote Dir.
2. Add another profile with any dirs.
3. Move the new profile to a folder with any name
4. Close and reopen the Shared Location Profiles dialog.
5. Click the folder where you placed the new profile and try to delete it.
6. The error will trigger.
7. If you try to delete it again without closing the dialog before, WSCP will crash or display an "Invalid memory access" error.
Some other things:
- "Allow SCP fallback" option is not memorized and always disabled.
- Older versions allowed us to "edit" the settings of a saved session and login without saving it again, very useful to test changes before saving the options.
- Missing options in Tools menu under Site Manager (aka New Session) when it is opened from toolbar.
- It would be nice (if practicable) to have a way to move tab bar together with another toolbar, in order to spend less vertical space of screen if only a few tabs are opened (especially because widescreens have more horizontal than vertical space available). (It looks like what IE 9 did).
- In the new Overwrite Confirmation dialog, I would like to be able to move from Yes to No (and vice-versa) using the right/left keys instead of only tab.
Thanks for your great work, Martin!
PS: I'm using v5.2.3