Support for FTP HOST Command (RFC 7151)

Advertisement

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Support for FTP HOST Command (RFC 7151)

It's more difficult to implement that I original hoped. This requires FEAT command to be send before authentication, so that HOST support is detected.

Advertisement

GeekyBob

Just a thought, but what a few FTP clients have been doing is adding an option to send the HOST command before logging in, or providing support for sending custom pre-login commands. For example, in WinSCP's Advanced Site Settings, you could modify the Protocol Options page to add another text box for pre-login commands, or add you could an On/Off option to send a HOST command before logging in.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Thanks for your suggestion. Do you know of any other use for "pre-login" commands, apart from HOST?

GeekyBob

I can't think of a reason for pre-login commands other than HOST.

For what it's worth, here are screenshots from FTP Voyager and Beyond Compare which shows how they implemented an on/off option for the HOST command:

FTP Voyager:
https://public.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2pFJFXNk3jfoRzKEbDqQUOrqyhmLmt_742xYDP8AVCHITTasDSQFprwf8IK7CX_hLHOP-1Waj1cuSOIQoVuCCDz2SyzAxi6ZKrk9zO464SKVs/FtpVoyager8.png

Beyond Compare:
https://public.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2p7sX6fOPQEwwcOE7BqwPdhgKWe7e8XQSYiSKxzuJLpB64K-S54MFpJL6mpW5k6y-l8t-PPrzJZQi2XRDwepAiK2j1yviteazTVb6-NVBsR_c/BeyondCompare8.png

Thanks!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

OK, I have implemented optional use of HOST command.

I have sent you an email with a development version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.

Advertisement

gstadter

Was this feature ever put into WinSCP?

I'm using SolarWinds Serv-U managed FTP server and would like to use virtual hosts....hence wondering if WinSCP can leverage the HOST command

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum