assertion in 3.7.2-3.7.4 connecting thru SOCKS 5

Advertisement

Marc

assertion in 3.7.2-3.7.4 connecting thru SOCKS 5

This works fine in 3.7.1 but fails in later versions:

<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

Here is the config, which I suspect is causing it (because other more "normal" [non-proxied] connections work fine):

<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

localhost:1080 is PuTTY port forwardind to a remote SOCKS proxy.

Let me know if you need any other info to debug this. I'd be glad to help. Email me at msabramo@yahoo.com

Advertisement

Jerry2005

Same problem

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem with 127.0.0.1 and socks4.

By the way: I searched a lot but have not been able to find a bugtracker or bug-forum for this message, 'til I finally found this topic.
Probably considering some time to do a "buf-forum"?

Thanks in advance,
sincerely

Tom Wiegand

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Same problem

I have made attempt to fix this. Unfortunately I do not have any SOCK proxy to debug it myself.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Jerry2005 wrote:

By the way: I searched a lot but have not been able to find a bugtracker or bug-forum for this message, 'til I finally found this topic.
Probably considering some time to do a "buf-forum"?
That's what the support forum is for.
1) I do not think it is up to the end user to decide if
something is bug or not. You post it here. I decide if it is bug or your misunderstanding :-) If course in this case, it is quite obvious, but it is seldom so.
2) Most people does not care where do they post their messages. So if they do not differentiate between "support" forum and "feature requests" forum, adding third forum wouldn't change anything.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

OK, I already know that I have not fixed it. I also know by sure that the problem is in PuTTY code, so I'll ask them for help.

I believe that workaround would be to check Consider proxying local host connections on Proxy tab.

mava70

Same problem

No probme with 3.4.2 trought my socks5 proxy, 3.7.4 doesn't work. Looking for 3.7.1 to see it it works

M

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

mava70 wrote:

I can confirm tha 3.7.1 works for me
I would rather like to know if 3.7.4 works for you when Consider proxying local host connections is checked. Thanks in advance.

Marc

martin wrote:

I would rather like to know if 3.7.4 works for you when Consider proxying local host connections is checked. Thanks in advance.

I am able to connect with that setting checked in 3.7.4

Thanks,
-Marc

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Marc wrote:

I am able to connect with that setting checked in 3.7.4
Thanks for letting me know.

bernhard

martin wrote:

mava70 wrote:

I can confirm tha 3.7.1 works for me

i had the same problems as mentioned above. checking "Consider proxying local host connections" works!
Thanks!

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum