CWD cmd failed: EDC5129I No such files or directory (z/OS)

Advertisement

TorbenRy
Guest

CWD cmd failed: EDC5129I No such files or directory (z/OS)

When I connect to z/OS I get this error: CWD cmd failed: EDC5129I No such files or directory (z/OS)
This is content of my "Remote Directory" in the Site Settings, /'<username>.'.

I try to list my Non-UNIX files (PDS).
Can you tell me the syntax for the "Remote Directory" for PDS files.

I'm using WinSCP version 5.11.2 (build 7781)

TIA

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,507
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: CWD cmd failed: EDC5129I No such files or directory (z/OS)

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Reply with quote

TorbenRy
Guest

CWD cmd failed: EDC5129I No such files or directory (z/OS)

Did you get the attached file?
  • guser1@ftps.plex09.xyz.com.log (8.96 KB, Private file)

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,507
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: CWD cmd failed: EDC5129I No such files or directory (z/OS)

Sorry for my late reply.
So what if you put just 'guser1.' to the remote directory path (no lead slash)?
Sorry, I do not have an MVS server for testing, so I cannot give you a definitive answer.
Please attach a log file for the new tests in any case.

Reply with quote

TorbenRy
Guest

Re: CWD cmd failed: EDC5129I No such files or directory (z/OS)

martin wrote:

Sorry for my late reply.
So what if you put just 'guser1.' to the remote directory path (no lead slash)?
Sorry, I do not have an MVS server for testing, so I cannot give you a definitive answer.
Please attach a log file for the new tests in any case.

Then it looks fine the first time (just realised that). When I connect next time I get the error message again. And I can see that the Directories tab is changed to /'guser1.'.
Now I found the problem, I think. When "Remember last used directory" is enabled you update the Remote directory field and put a / in front.
So when I disabled that feature I can use the connection without error messages.

A very strange thing is that when I try to go up in the structure I always are send to / no matter where I am in the non UNIX structure.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

TorbenRy
Guest

Re: CWD cmd failed: EDC5129I No such files or directory (z/OS)

Did you find anything in the log?

TorbenRy wrote:

martin wrote:

Sorry for my late reply.
So what if you put just 'guser1.' to the remote directory path (no lead slash)?
Sorry, I do not have an MVS server for testing, so I cannot give you a definitive answer.
Please attach a log file for the new tests in any case.

Then it looks fine the first time (just realised that). When I connect next time I get the error message again. And I can see that the Directories tab is changed to /'guser1.'.
Now I found the problem, I think. When "Remember last used directory" is enabled you update the Remote directory field and put a / in front.
So when I disabled that feature I can use the connection without error messages.

A very strange thing is that when I try to go up in the structure I always are send to / no matter where I am in the non UNIX structure.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,507
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: CWD cmd failed: EDC5129I No such files or directory (z/OS)

TorbenRy wrote:

Did you find anything in the log?
Regarding what? I've understood that you have resolved your problem.

Reply with quote

TorbenRy
Guest

Re: CWD cmd failed: EDC5129I No such files or directory (z/OS)

martin wrote:

Regarding what? I've understood that you have resolved your problem.

Two things:

1. It would be nice for "Remember last used directory" to work in non Unix structure.
2. It is a problem that when you go one level up in non Unix you end up in /. If I'm in User1.u.jcl and go one level up it should take me to User1.u and not to / in USS.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,507
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: CWD cmd failed: EDC5129I No such files or directory (z/OS)

TorbenRy wrote:

1. It would be nice for "Remember last used directory" to work in non Unix structure.
2. It is a problem that when you go one level up in non Unix you end up in /. If I'm in User1.u.jcl and go one level up it should take me to User1.u and not to / in USS.
OK, understood. Will consider that.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum