WinSCP slow speed SCP/SFTP - How I fixed it

Advertisement

MarcoP

WinSCP slow speed SCP/SFTP - How I fixed it

Hi folks,

old servers I knew were capped at 10Mb/s, so when WinSCP reported 1MB/s I was actually happy with it, so I stopped paying attention to it.

Recently I noticed that even from 1Gb/s and 100Mb/s servers, WinSCP was still downloading at 1MB/s so I got curious and then little frustrated when I noticed culprits were always the same servers, while others ranged from +4.5MB/s.

I changed most relevant settings but the one that actually worked was to disable Connection -> Optimize connection buffer size.

Cheers

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP slow speed SCP/SFTP - How I fixed it

Thanks for sharing your solution.

marcolussetti

I wanted to also thank the OP for the solution, and to note that my transfer speed went from ~550 KB/s to ~2.8 MB/s with no other changes but this single tweak. Should this be noted on the FAQ entry for this? I found it via FAQ -> Bug 164 -> Here, but I feel like not everyone would follow through that trail :)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

marcolussetti wrote:

Should this be noted on the FAQ entry for this?
Are you referring to some specific FAQ entry? Or are you asking for a new FAQ entry?

Advertisement

Wildcat

Much faster here!

Worked for me here also. It is now several times faster than it was before I changed the setting.

wow... this worked for me also. I was copy files on my LAN with scp and it topped out at 1200kb/s, and after I did this, I am now copying at 32MB/s.

Re: WinSCP slow speed SCP/SFTP - How I fixed it

MarcoP wrote:

Hi folks,

I changed most relevant settings but the one that actually worked was to disable Connection -> Optimize connection buffer size.

Thank You!

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum