Topic "Transfer settings don't save!"

Rene

I am using "Synchronize" quite often. In the dialog there are Transfer settings. I am using an exclude mask. When you click on it, there is another dialog, where I choose the mask I want from a drop dwon box. This works.

However, I always have to choose the settings again, for the chosen ones are not the ones I choose last time. Enabling "use the same options next time" does not help. Also, saving the session does not help.

Accidently taking the wrong mask would be a disaster for me.

Thanks for the program!
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
They are not supposed to save. Either change default transfer settings or setup a preset for the directories you synchronize. Please refer to documentation.

I really don't know then what this option means.

In documentation stands this:
Check Use same options next time if you want to make your options be default next time you use function Synchronize. Note that this will affect function Keep remote directory up to date as well.

But this option doesn't work neither for a sesion nor as global setting?!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
The checkbox does not save transfer settings. Only options of synchronization. I guess I should mention this in the documentation.

prikryl wrote:
The checkbox does not save transfer settings. Only options of synchronization. I guess I should mention this in the documentation.

Yes.
In fact, the only place when it can be changed / set is Transfer Settings presets toolbar. I 've catched it.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Documentation has been updated to make this clear.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License