For several features of WinSCP you may want to configure transfer settings. This includes:
- Uploading or downloading files.
- Synchronizing files.
- Function Keep remote directory up to date.
Generally you have three options how to configure the transfer settings. You can:
- configure default transfer settings.
- set ad hoc settings for particular operation (on Upload/Download, Synchronize and Keep remote directory up to date dialogs).
- select from transfer settings presets.
Transfer Settings Presets
If you use different transfer settings for different tasks regularly, you will find transfer settings presets useful. You can set up a list of named settings, from which you can easily select the one suitable for the current task, or have WinSCP select it automatically. You can configure the presets in Preferences. Your can also use Advanced > Transfer Settings Rule on Login dialog to create/edit preset with auto-selection rule for a selected site.
To use a preset you can:
- make it override default transfer settings
- by selecting it on Transfer Settings toolbar.
- automatically by configuring autoselection rule (based on current host, username and working directories).
- select it for particular operation from menu on Upload/Download, Synchronize and Keep remote directory up to date dialogs.
You will also find the presets useful when you use drag&drop for transferring files and you have opted not to use transfer options dialog. The Transfer Settings toolbar gives you chance to select different transfer settings from presets, before you initiate the transfer.