ERROR 24

Advertisement

mozerd
Customer

ERROR 24

Just purchased WinSCP from the Microsoft Store. After logging into my Router and attempting to view my files in a USB drive the following error pops up::
---------------------------
Error
Copying files from remote side failed.
The specified file was a directory in a context where a directory cannot be used.
Error code: 24
Error message from server: Is a directory
OK Help
Version of WinSCP is 5.15.9 running under Windows 10 1909 [OS Build 18363-535]
I am attaching a graphic showing the file structure in my Router under WinSCP
disk1 and disk2 shown in the graphic are usb memory sticks attached to the router
Any idea how to fix this please?

disk.GIF

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: ERROR 24

Thanks for your post.
What exactly are you doing when "attempting to view my files"?
Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

mozerd
Customer

Log file for error 24

I was using WinSCP to view some files that reside on my Router storage called disk2. My action was double click disk2 to view the files. Normally the files would just appear there automatically but for some reason WinSCP does not display the contents of the storage disks.

Attached is log file requested.

I am also attaching a graphic showing how the Files display using my Router's Files Tool:

fileslist.GIF

Description: LOG File

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum