Host is not communicating for more than 15 seconds error with latest version of WinSCP on Windows 10

Advertisement

docmagda

Host is not communicating for more than 15 seconds error with latest version of WinSCP on Windows 10

Hi, WinSCP used to work normally for my connections and today it started showing this error. After I turned off the "Optimize connection buffer size." nothing really happened and the error persists. I do not know what to do but with COVID my job really relies on that. Can you please help me fix the issue? Thanks a lot!

UPDATE 3 JULY 2020: The issue got fixed without me taking further steps! I will update if it re-occurs.
Last edited by docmagda on 2020-07-03 15:23; edited 1 time in total

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Host is not communicating for more than 15 seconds error with latest version of WinSCP on Windows 10

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP). Can you connect using any other client with the same protocol?

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

docmagda

Not sure what caused the bug but it got resolved automatically so now I am able to access my files

Thank you so much for the guidance! I will keep that in mind when I post any future issues to the forum to help you address them. When I re-tried now I am able to access my files normally though so I am unable to share the error. Not sure why it was happening but it got resolved now!!! I hope it will not re-occur. If I experience it again I will re-open the topic with the details you mentioned. I really appreciate the support!

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum