Non-existing remote folders getting synchronized

Advertisement

JanB1

Non-existing remote folders getting synchronized

So, I updated to 5.19.1 (Build 11552) today on my Win 10 machine and I'm connecting to a remote FTP that worked for me before.

Now I see a folder "/<previous level>" and "/<path from root" on the remote.
The <previous level> always shows the previous folder, for example if I have
'/root/sites/contact' and I'm in 'contact' it will show "/root/sites".
The <path from root> at the same time will show the path to the current folder, for the example above "/rot/sites/contact"

Problem is that the program tries to synchronize these virtual remote folders and throws errors and creates these folders on my local folder.
  • WinSCP_1kU1dilFJN.png (22.61 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Non-existing remote folders getting synchronized

What version were you using before?

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

JanB1

Previous version was 5.17.10

As requested. I replaced all private parts with [redacted], I hope I got them all.
  • WinSCP.log (16.32 KB, Private file)
Description: Verbose Debug 2

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Imo, it's a bug in the server. But ok, since the previous versions of WinSCP were compatible, I've restored the compatibility:
https://winscp.net/tracker/2004

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a development version of WinSCP for testing? Please include a link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum