WinSCP SFTP PUT fails intermittently, creates directory instead of copy file

Advertisement

Bill at Synertech

WinSCP SFTP PUT fails intermittently, creates directory instead of copy file

Hello,
I am troubleshooting an automated WinSCP SFTP PUT script which fails intermittently. Failure output shows creating a directory [with an expected file name] at a point when a successful run would copy the file. The job always PUTs the same four files. Looking for a lead on cause and mitigation of the unexpected create directory behavior.

Script:
put STR*_esl_prices.json -nopreservetime -nopermissions -resumesupport=off -delete -filemask=|*/
Complete output including source and target directory listings is below.
The first digression from typical output is at line:
. 2022-01-02 20:03:55.716 Discarding reserved response
A few lines later we see:
. 2022-01-02 20:03:55.778 Creating directory "/customer/STR3642_esl_prices.json/".
-- Thanks, Bill --

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP SFTP PUT fails intermittently, creates directory instead of copy file

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Debug logs with issue replicated

The log WinSCP0B34trace.log log shows that GetFileAttributes returned 16 (FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DIRECTORY) for \\ffproda\TRANSFERS\ElectronicTags\STR3642_esl_prices.json. So WinSCP treated the "file" accordingly. Seems like a bug, but I do not think it's WinSCP bug. But indeed, it's not the first time I've seen this issue. If I remember correctly, previously it was Samba share. Is it the same here?
I'm putting this to the tracker, and I'll try to lookup the previous occurences:
Issue 2056 – File on local network share treated as folder when uploading

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum