Unable to send and receive files to correct folders.

Advertisement

AFIC

Unable to send and receive files to correct folders.

Hi, I need help with scripting to send and receive files. We don't have a lot of experience and we need help. We do have an FTP connection, but we were not able to create a script to send and receive files. We are trying to send and receive files to the Secretary of State. Can I get help with this issue or any other information that is needed let me know. Any other information needed let me know.
We are using version 5.19.6 on a Windows 10 PC with an FTP connection.

Thank you.

Advertisement

AFIC

Re: Unable to send and receive files to correct folders.

Hi Martin,
Thanks for the response. This is the first time I use WinSCP or post on Forum.
I need help with uploading to destination folder (site). We are to download the file but we cannot upload and we do not know exactly where files go. I contacted the company and they told me I need to set the root directory or create a script to set the command of where its supposed to go. I need help setting this up as I have never done this or have experience doing this. Can you help?
Thank you.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I do not understand what you mean by "We are to download the file but we cannot upload". Nor do I understand most of the rest.

Do you mean that are already able to upload the file somehow, but do not know in what folder did the file ended in? And do you know, where should it go to instead?

AFIC

Hi Martin,
We are able to download files from source to the correct folder, but we are not able to upload files to the correct folder. Files seem to upload, but not to the correct destination. I have the name as to where it's supposed to go (destination), from what third party gave me, but I do not know where or how to set up on root folder or create a command to make this work. Hopefully this makes sense.
Thank you.

Advertisement

AFIC

Is it possible to be on a call with OpenText and help us set up the proper commands to the destination? They can explain better as to what needs to be done.
Let me know.
Thank you.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

In WinSCP scripting, the destination folder comes as the last argument of the put command:
put c:\local\path\file.txt /remote/path/
Alternatively (particularly when you have multiple put commands that should upload to the same folder), you can change remote working directory prior to the upload(s):
cd /remote/path
put c:\local\path\file1.txt
put c:\local\path\file2.txt
WinSCP GUI can generate complete upload script for you:
Or https://winscp.net/eng/docs/guide_automation#generating

If you still have problems, Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, use /log=C:\path\to\winscp.log command-line argument. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

We do not provide live support.

AFIC

Hi,
Is it possible to have a phone call with you, third party and myself so we can set the script correctly and they can explain better as to how its supposed to work and what needs to be done? I don't have experience in scripting or working with FTP clients.
Let me know if its possible.
Thank you.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Sorry, as I wrote before, "We do not provide live support."

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum