2 remote panels instead of 1 local and 1 remote

Advertisement

courageous999

2 remote panels instead of 1 local and 1 remote

You already allow us to have multiple remote connections/directories connected simultaneously, which is awesome. I just want to be able to view 2 remote panels instead of 1 local and 1 remote (as it currently is) and I can't seem to find that setting anywhere. I never really use the local directory in Commander view as I can usually just drag and drop files from a separate Explorer window directly into my remote directories... so currently, the remote panel in Commander is just a waste of valuable space that would be much more useful if I can replace it with another remote panel (from the same server or different). Is this doable? If so I couldn't find the setting to do it.

Advertisement

courageous999

Great.

See also Can I transfer files between two remote servers with WinSCP?
I'd like to clarify that I don't care for the "file transfer" feature working, I don't need the file transfer to work between the 2 remote sessions. Can this not be implemented quicker without that, as it's essentially the equivalent of 2 explorer remote panels side by side?

If the local panel is waste of space for you, you can use the Explorer interface:
Thanks for the suggestion, but I do like the Commander view more, feels cleaner.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

courageous999 wrote:

Can this not be implemented quicker without that, as it's essentially the equivalent of 2 explorer remote panels side by side?
Indeed. But that's not gonna work. People will expect the transfer to work and would complain all the time :)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum