Error Code 3: Permission denied

Advertisement

Grimoiiree

Error Code 3: Permission denied

Hello, I reset my computer recently, and since when I connect to WinSCP and I modify a file, it puts me an error message, I searched but I did not find how to modify it, I can not do anything on WinSCP. Can someone help me please? (and I can't delete any files)
Here is the translation of the photo:
Overwriting the remote file '/home.....' impossible.
Press 'Delete' to delete the file and create a new one instead of overwriting it.
Insufficient permission
Error Code: 3
Server Error Message: Permission Denied

code d'erreur 3.png

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Error Code 3 : Permission denied

What computer did you reset? The local one? Or the server? Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Grimoiiree

Hello, I reset my "real computer" (I completely reset, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled all my hard drives) I attached as you requested a file of my WinSCP logs, I do not know if this is what you asked because the error is displayed in French (my language).
Thank you for your help!
  • ubuntu@51.254.113.91.log (44.87 KB, Private file)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

OK, I assume that by "real computer", you mean your "local computer". I do not think your problem has anything to do with your local computer reset. Something has probably changed on the server. Or you are not uploading the file to the same remote folder you did before. Or you are using a different protocol. Weren't you using for example FTP before? Can you upload the file using any other SFTP/FTP/whatever client?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum