Certificate Errors

Advertisement

Alan
Guest

Certificate Errors

I am on Version 6.5.7 of WinSCP. I upgraded after a previous version kept failing to connect.

The error seems to be certificate related. The log is showing this:


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

[2026-09-30 15:02:09.958] [2398] TLS failure: Certificate not trusted. (8)

[2026-09-30 15:02:09.958] [2398] Hostname: winscp.net, Certificate: XXXXX

[2026-09-30 15:02:09.990] [2398] Error from Windows certificate store: Error: 800B0109 (A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider), Chain index: 0, Element index: -1

[2026-09-30 15:02:09.990] [2398] Root certificate: XXXXX

[2026-09-30 15:02:09.990] [2398] TLS certificate error: Certificate not trusted.

[2026-09-30 15:02:09.990] [2398] HTTP request failed: Certificate not trusted.

Error: 800B0109 (A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider), Chain index: 0, Element index: -1

Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted

[2026-09-30 15:02:09.990] [2398] Certificate error detected.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I've seen other posts on this forum about this, but not sure what the solution is to get this working?

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum