Passwords are not sending to PUTTY

Advertisement

Advertisement

WTASK
Guest

Yes, I do. I upgraded my WinSCP 3 to 4 beta, and I had several sessions saved with this option. WinSCP 3 successfully sent passwords, but when I start putty in beta 4, putty requests password again.

Reply with quote

Kens
Guest

The same problem :(

The same problem. It's a very useful feather to send a password to PuTTY, but in version 4.0.0 (Build 342) it's not work :(

The option "Remember session password and pass it to PuTTY" is checked.

Reply with quote

Marcel
Guest

Same problem here. Worked with 3.8.2, does not with 4.x

Keep up the great work! In our company we chose WinSCP/Putty over a commercial product which costs several houndres dollars!

Reply with quote

Petr
Moderator
Petr avatar
Joined:
Posts:
50

Marcel wrote:

Keep up the great work! In our company we chose WinSCP/Putty over a commercial product which costs several houndres dollars!

That is also why some of the users donate to WinSCP :idea:

Many thanks!

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,252
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: The same problem :(

Kens wrote:

The same problem. It's a very useful feather to send a password to PuTTY, but in version 4.0.0 (Build 342) it's not work :(

The option "Remember session password and pass it to PuTTY" is checked.
For me it works :-( Where do you type in the password? On login dialog or when you are prompted for it during authentication or do you have it stored in the session? Also do you use really password authentication or keyboard interactive authentication?
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Marcel
Guest

Re: The same problem :(

martin wrote:


For me it works :-( Where do you type in the password? On login dialog or when you are prompted for it during authentication or do you have it stored in the session? Also do you use really password authentication or keyboard interactive authentication?

I have the passwords stored in the sessions and activated the "... pass it to putty" option in the preferences.
Downgraded to 3.8.2 and it works again (i use the newest Putty version).


About the donation thing: our company regularly donates to OpenSource projects such as TYPO3.
I will tell my boss to include WinSCP in the future, because its really a great piece of software.

Reply with quote

Alok
Guest

Passing password to Putty

I recently upgraded Winscp version to 4.0 beta from 3.8.2 and "Remember session password and pass it to PuTTY" option is no more working.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,252
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Passing password to Putty

Thanks to all. I'm already able to reproduce the problem.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Chris
Guest

Re: Passing password to Putty

martin wrote:

Thanks to all. I'm already able to reproduce the problem.

I hate to be a pest, but any idea when a patch may be out? Or should I downgrade back to v3 for now?

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,252
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Passing password to Putty

Chris wrote:

I hate to be a pest, but any idea when a patch may be out? Or should I downgrade back to v3 for now?
Give me at least couple of weeks.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Kens
Guest

Thank you for fix, but I find out another bug -- if a password contains a quotes (") PuTTY alert an error "Invalid Port Number" and close.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,252
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Kens wrote:

Thank you for fix, but I find out another bug -- if a password contains a quotes (") PuTTY alert an error "Invalid Port Number" and close.
I'll check, but I'm afraid this cannot be solved as windows generally have problems passing quote as command line parameter.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum