CPU Utilization has sporatic high peaks

Advertisement

Richard @ GE
Guest

CPU Utilization has sporatic high peaks

Greetings,
I have noticed several ssh and sshd spikes that I believe are associated with WinSCP, either when logging in or during the session.
Is there any way to relax that sporatic activity as there are sensitive applications that are getting clobbered and in some cases broken, causing the CPU to reset

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,637
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: CPU Utilization has sporatic high peaks

Sorry, there is no such option.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

richard.hooker@...
Guest

Re: CPU Utilization has sporatic high peaks

martin wrote:

Sorry, there is no such option.
Thank You Prikryl.
Is the reason known for occassional high CPU spikes?
Are you one of the WinSCP developers?
Am I the only one seeing this?
we also see putty logins that create small avi files for the login duration.
I am very interesting in any settings for these tools or one we can purchase that does not have these issues...
Regards,
Richard

Reply with quote

dj
Joined:
Posts:
1

Want to overwrite the logfile

Hello everybody,

need help for WinSCP Version 4.04.
I scripted a sFTP connection and trigger it using
commandfile "doit.cmd"( winscp.exe /script=c:\conSAP.txt /log=c:\conSAP.log )
Everything is working fine except the logfile. I would like to
overwrite the logfile, but it appends all connections.
What do I have to do to overwrite, please help, thanks.

regards dj

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,637
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: CPU Utilization has sporatic high peaks

richard.hooker@ge.com wrote:

Is the reason known for occassional high CPU spikes?
Are you one of the WinSCP developers?
Am I the only one seeing this?
we also see putty logins that create small avi files for the login duration.
I am very interesting in any settings for these tools or one we can purchase that does not have these issues...
If it happens in the middle of session (even idle one), it can be caused by key re-exchange. It can be disabled, with potential impact on security.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,637
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Want to overwrite the logfile

dj wrote:

need help for WinSCP Version 4.04.
I scripted a sFTP connection and trigger it using
commandfile "doit.cmd"( winscp.exe /script=c:\conSAP.txt /log=c:\conSAP.log )
Everything is working fine except the logfile. I would like to
overwrite the logfile, but it appends all connections.
What do I have to do to overwrite, please help, thanks.
This can be configured in GUI only. You can also remove the log file from .cmd. If you have further questions, please start new topic.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Guest

Re: Want to overwrite the logfile

Thank you for this Information! Although it doesn't realy satisfied me :wink:

martin wrote:

dj wrote:

need help for WinSCP Version 4.04.
I scripted a sFTP connection and trigger it using
commandfile "doit.cmd"( winscp.exe /script=c:\conSAP.txt /log=c:\conSAP.log )
Everything is working fine except the logfile. I would like to
overwrite the logfile, but it appends all connections.
What do I have to do to overwrite, please help, thanks.
This can be configured in GUI only. You can also remove the log file from .cmd. If you have further questions, please start new topic.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum