Topic "Won't start connecting."

Vjaa

The first time I ran winscp, I did the login with the right name and password. the new window would pop-up and tell me it's connecting. It didn't work after the first few time, I guess I had the wrong IP address. It kept saying timed out after 15 seconds. I have the correct IP address now, but now when I hit login, it brings up the screen where it said connecting it stays completely white, nothing happens. After a little bit it tells me "Network Error: Connection timed out" but nothing happened.

I tried reinstalling but the same thing happens everytime
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Are you able to connect with any other SSH client?

I am having the same exact problem. I type in the IP address that is listed in my WiFi page on my iphone, and use "root" and "alpine" and no matter how many times I try, i get this message: "Network Error: connection timed out"
Please help me understand what I am doing wrong here.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
helpmehack wrote:
I am having the same exact problem. I type in the IP address that is listed in my WiFi page on my iphone, and use "root" and "alpine" and no matter how many times I try, i get this message: "Network Error: connection timed out"
Please help me understand what I am doing wrong here.

Please read FAQ. If that does not help, come back.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License