Topic "after timeout I get an abort window"

cas

Hi guys,

I couldn't find a post on a similar topic, so I post this issue here:

I have an old linux machine, and now when I start up an SSH connection, it really starts up slowly. Of course I will go and figure why is that.

However winscp gets a "timeout" after 15 seconds, and gives me a popup window which tells about this issue, giving me only "abort" as an option to continue. All other windows are unavailable, and how often I click on "abort" or "x" in the upper right, it won't go away. I can only kill winscp via the task manager.

So I have two things:

1) I think this might be a bug (in version 4.1.Cool
2) Is it possible to set the threshold for this timeout in the preferences somewhere? If not, this would be a faeture request Smile

Thanks for reading...

Caspar
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
cas wrote:
1) I think this might be a bug (in version 4.1.Cool

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic. Thanks.

Quote:
2) Is it possible to set the threshold for this timeout in the preferences somewhere? If not, this would be a faeture request Smile

Please read documentation.
However it probably won't help. The option just tells when the box should appread. The box goes away itself once the server finally replies.

Ah so!

Thanks a lot, I thought I was logged on when I posted it.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License