"Copying files from remote side failed.
Connection closed; transfer aborted."
Sometimes (usually overnight) I can get a whole 8gb file okay but other times (days later) I am getting this error every five minutes or so. Whenever I click 'retry' the progress indicator goes from "Error" back to a percentage and the program happily goes on its way. If I use Filezilla when I am having these problems it works just fine. Unfortunately Filezilla is about twice as slow in transferring. -! Really. WinSCP is just that much faster. Unfortunately WinSCP isn't reliable right now. What can I do???
1) WinSCP version 4.1.9 (Build 416)
2) I believe this problem existed in the last couple versions of WinSCP too -- i.e. it's not a new problem.
3) I am running Windows Vista Ultimate SP1, Intel Pentium D 3Ghz, 2GB RAM.
4) FTP (insecure) (non-passive mode - i.e. the 'Passive mode' box is NOT checked)
5) using GUI interface, Commander style
6) after having problems I have tried to closed all other applications and as many background tasks and services that I understand, but still see the same problems.
7) the server is unknown
-) Unfortunately when I try to turn on logging WinSCP stops responding -- which is a problem by itself. I look at the task manager and the process isn't using any cpu at the point it stops responding. I've tried changing where the log file gets written to but the app still hangs.
If some service on the server is crashing it comes back pretty fast since I can just watch WinSCP and hit "retry" as soon as it stops and it will start right up instantly.
** Could you maybe offer a "fix" so that after this error, WinSCP could just automatically "retry" for me so I don't need to watch the program constantly?
This program is the fastest! Hope someday some tsunami-udp type speed protocols can be added also.