I have installed ssh on my machine through cygwin.
I am trying to connect an XP machine to this windows7 machine through SSH using RSA authentiation..I am proceeding as follows:
1. On the XP machine, I create an RSA public/private key pair using the command
ssh-keygn -t rsa
following 2 files get created at ~/.ssh/ location :
id_rsa and id_rsa.pub
2. Next I copy the id_rsa.pub file on my windows7 machine.
3. Then I append the contents of id_rsa.pub to the file ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the windows7 machine.
cat id_rsa.pub >> authorized_keys
chmod 600 authorized_keys
chmod 755 ~/.ssh
4. I restart the sshd service on this machine
5. I try to ssh from the XP machine to the win7 machine.
I am observing the following output:
debug1: Offering public key: /home/Administrator/.ssh/id_rsa
debug2: We sent a public key packet, wait for reply
connection closed by xx.xx.xx.xx