Topic "Displaying size occupied by folders, and disk space remainin"

Author Message
longtalker

Guest


Hello,

I searched the WinSCP documentation for this but could not find an answer, therefore I hope someone will be able to help. Is there any way to see what is the space occupied by a remote folder (i.e. on the FTP server), in kB/MB/GB? Some file managers (such as Total Commander) have this function when the Space Bar is pressed for a certain folder, but I noticed this does not work for WinSCP. I am not sure if the FTP protocol does not allow this or if this feature hasn't yet been implemented in WinSCP (in which case, may I put this down as a feature request?)

Also, is it possible to see how much space is still left available on the FTP drive?

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
Thanks for your post. This issue is being tracked already.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




Hi Martin, thanks for your reply. Good to know this is already tracked - how about the question of seeing the available disk space that's still left on the FTP drive?

Also, I forgot to ask three more questions about WinSCP that I could not find an answer to myself:

- is it possible to copy files from one part of the remote drive to another, i.e. have the left side of WinSCP as remote, just like the right one?

- is there a way to have the File Name and File Extension columns separated (again, as in e.g. Total Commander)?

- I have a single profile defined, which is the only FTP server I connect to; is it possible to automatically connect to that profile when WinSCP is started?

Thanks again!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
Quote:
Hi Martin, thanks for your reply. Good to know this is already tracked - how about the question of seeing the available disk space that's still left on the FTP drive?

https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_fsinfo#space_available

Quote:
- is it possible to copy files from one part of the remote drive to another, i.e. have the left side of WinSCP as remote, just like the right one?

No you cannot have remote panel on both sides.
For copying see
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_fxp

Quote:
- is there a way to have the File Name and File Extension columns separated (again, as in e.g. Total Commander)?

No.

Quote:
- I have a single profile defined, which is the only FTP server I connect to; is it possible to automatically connect to that profile when WinSCP is started?

https://winscp.net/eng/docs/integration#icons
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




Thanks! I think the URL you referred me to for the question of copying files between two remote locations assumed that the two locations are different servers, whereas I meant transferring files from one folder of the remote FTP location to another folder of the same FTP server.
Guest




One more suggestion for the next version: it would be good if going from one directory to another refreshed the list of files. Currently, going up a level and then back to a folder will not make recently created/deleted files appear in the list (as happens in other FTP clients), and you need to use Ctrl+R
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
Anonymous wrote:
Thanks! I think the URL you referred me to for the question of copying files between two remote locations assumed that the two locations are different servers, whereas I meant transferring files from one folder of the remote FTP location to another folder of the same FTP server.

https://winscp.net/eng/docs/task_move_duplicate

Anonymous wrote:
One more suggestion for the next version: it would be good if going from one directory to another refreshed the list of files. Currently, going up a level and then back to a folder will not make recently created/deleted files appear in the list (as happens in other FTP clients), and you need to use Ctrl+R

https://winscp.net/eng/docs/directory_cache

Last edited by martin on 2011-06-03; edited 1 time in total
Guest




Many thanks for your help Martin!
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License