Topic "Impossible to set loglevel for synchronize job"

PBERNARD
[View user's profile]

Hi,

I previously use WinSCP Version 4.3.9 (Build 1817)

i have upgraded software to WinSCP Version 5.9.5 and last version WinSCP Version 5.9.6.

I use this script
open Internet_FR
cd /WEBCUC/cybershop/abix/www/prod/05
lcd H:\WEB\Cybershop\abix\www\prod\05
synchronize remote
exit

In old version (4.3.9), LOG generated are really light in Normal mode.
In new version (5.9.5), LOG is more larger (upper than debug 2 in old version).

I try using WINSCP interface to set 3 differents modes : Normal / Debug 1 / Debug 2
Setting have no effect on file size
I try also command parameter /loglevel=0, /loglevel=1, /loglevel=2
LOG File is allways created with the same size.

That's why i think default mode is allways the most detailled debug mode.
See file ZIP Attached

It's a problem because my original job synchronize more than 50 folders and
LOG size is around 350 MB to 500 MB

Thank you by advance for your support.

BR
Patrick
LogSamples.zip (1.58 MB) [Download]

Description: Differents Log depending on version

Advertisements
martin◆
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I'm sorry that you have problems with sites of the log.

But it's as it is. The log includes necessary information to debug problems with synchronization. Without all these details, the log file is useless for debugging.
PBERNARD
[View user's profile]

martin wrote:
I'm sorry that you have problems with sites of the log.

But it's as it is. The log includes necessary information to debug problems with synchronization. Without all these details, the log file is useless for debugging.

Hi Martin

Ok i understand the purpose of LOG. But when i obtain a LOG larger than 300 MB, how i can debug if i cannot open the file with any text editor ???

Why do you have 3 differents settings for log details : Normal / Debug 1 / Debug 2, if log file created have allways the same size ? In older version of Winscp, this feature works correctly.

Sorry to insist
Please Check logs attached....

BR
Patrick
martin◆
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
PBERNARD wrote:
Why do you have 3 differents settings for log details : Normal / Debug 1 / Debug 2, if log file created have allways the same size ? In older version of Winscp, this feature works correctly.

No, it was not working correctly. Previously the Normal level log file with FTP protocol did not provide enough information even for a trivial debugging.

martin wrote:
PBERNARD wrote:

No, it was not working correctly. Previously the Normal level log file with FTP protocol did not provide enough information even for a trivial debugging.

Hi Martin,

I'am really disapointed by your answer. I give you a proof you have a little bug ("log details setting have no effect on log file size") and you say No i have no bug.

As you want, it's your software ... not mine ... In my opinion, you should Listen more to improve user experience of your software. I browse your forum and i see a lot of posts with the same issue on huge Log with no solution.

I'am sorry, i prefer cancel WinSCP and switch to an another software like ScriptFTP.

BR
Patrick
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License